Here are the food service inspections reported by the Onondaga County Health Department from Sept. 5 to 11:
3062 Erie Boulevard East, Syracuse, NY 13224
Inspection done at noon September 9, 2021
Reinspection is Required
Critical violations: Bulk flour in breading area and bulk sugar at drive thru not covered and not stored protected. Bags of flour in storage container outside stored on floor.
Violations: Cases of single service items stored on floor in outside storage container.
Interior of bulk food bins in chicken breading area dirty.
Exterior of bulk food bins in breading area dirty. Exterior of boxes of shortening in breading area dirty, covered with flour and food debris.
Ground around dumpster has build up. Ground near drive thru menus has standing grease.
House flies found throughout kitchen.
Some wall areas throught dirty. Ceiling grate above drive thru has heavy dust accumulation. Floor in outside storage area dirty.
Comments: Two complaints investigated during inspection. Manager states grease tank is emptied at least once weekly but sometimes overflows, causing it to go on the ground. Recommend empting grease more often and cleaning ground area of grease. Mangaer states they do have pest control, and just installed a fly control unit near rear door.
The following establishments were inspected but no violations were found:
- American Legion Post Arthur Butler, 139 West Manlius Street, DeWitt
- Auntie Anne’s Pretzels Pushcart, 9090 Destiny USA Drive, Syracuse
- Buffoon’s, 107-109 East Seneca Street, Manlius
- Burger King Restaurant, 700 South Salina Street, Syracuse
- Cajun Cafe & Grill, 9676 Destiny USA Drive, Syracuse
- Camillus Baptist Church, 23 Genesee Street, Camillus
- China King on Genesee Street, 36 East Genesee Street, Lysander
- Dunkin Donuts, 4 Chevy Drive, DeWitt
- Everest Kitchen, 6059 East Taft Road, Cicero
- Evergreen (The), 125 East Water Street, Syracuse
- Firehouse Subs Mobile Unit, Onondaga County
- First Unitarian Universalist Church, 109 Waring Road, DeWitt
- Fresh N’ Breezy, 9090 Destiny USA Drive, Syracuse
- Lakeshore Baptist Church, 6696 Lakeshore Road, Cicero
- Lin Li’s Chinese Restaurant, 5501 Bartell Road, Cicero
- Mi Casa Grande, 1706 Erie Boulevard East, Syracuse
- Nectar Espresso Bar & Vintages, 217 South Salina Street, Syracuse
- New Beijing Chinese Food, 4738 Onondaga Boulevard, Geddes
- New Henderson Dairy (The), 2935 Lamson Road, Lysander
- Onondaga Golf & Country Club, 7003 East Genesee Street, DeWitt
- PEACE Senior Nutrition @ Vinette Towers, 947 Pond Street, Syracuse
- Pizza Cutters (The), 2410 Court Street, Suite 3, Syracuse
- Sake Japan, 9090 Destiny USA Drive, Syracuse
- Silver Street Rd. Kettle Corn Co., Onondaga County
- Stone Soup Mobile Unit, 322 Winton Street, Syracuse
- SU Carrier Dome Vending, 900 Irving Avenue, Syracuse
- Subway Sandwiches & Salads, 131 Alliance Bank Parkway, Syracuse
- Tangy Tomato, 1428 Burnet Avenue, Syracuse
- Toss ‘n’ Fire Wood-Fire Pizza, 315 North Main Street, Clay
The following establishments were found to have corrected violations cited at previous inspections:
- Pump Pizza Bar, 2803 Brewerton Road, Salina
- Red Robin America’s Gourmet Burgers, 610 Towne Drive, Manlius
- Sedgwick Heights, 1100 James Street, Syracuse
- Tres Primos Authentic Mexican Restaurant, 1099 State Route 5, Elbridge
Contact Brenda Duncan anytime: 315-470-2265 | Email | Twitter