This 5-minute vegan Caesar dressing is just as good as the classic kind! Cashews make it creamy, and capers add delicious tangy, briny flavor.
You don’t need raw eggs, anchovies, or even Parmesan cheese to make a great Caesar dressing, and this vegan Caesar dressing recipe is here to prove it! I love this recipe because it delivers all the creamy, tangy, briny qualities you crave in a classic Caesar dressing, but it’s super simple to make at home. Grab the short list of ingredients and toss them in a blender, and this delicious dressing will be ready in under 5 minutes.
Vegan Caesar Dressing Recipe Ingredients
To make this vegan Caesar dressing recipe, you’ll need these simple ingredients:
- Raw cashews – They create the dressing’s rich and creamy base. In fact, they supply enough richness that there’s no need for olive oil here. This vegan Caesar dressing is totally oil-free!
- Fresh garlic – It adds sharp, savory flavor.
- Lemon juice – For brightness.
- Dijon mustard – As a signature ingredient in classic Caesar dressing, the Dijon adds necessary tang to this recipe.
- Capers – They supply the briny flavor that anchovies would give to a traditional Caesar dressing.
- Water – It helps the cashews blend into a smooth and creamy sauce.
- And fresh black pepper – For kick.
Find the complete recipe with measurements below.
Vegan Caesar Dressing Recipe Tips
- Use raw, not roasted, cashews. Raw cashews have a mild, neutral flavor, which makes them ideal for using in sauces and dressings like this one. Don’t use roasted cashews here; their nutty flavor will overwhelm the dressing!
- Know your blender. I make this dressing in my high-speed Vitamix blender, which has no trouble blending plant-based ingredients like cashews into creamy purees. Less powerful blenders may not be able to achieve such a smooth texture as easily. If you don’t have a high-speed blender, I recommend soaking the cashews for at least 6 hours before making the dressing. Drain them before adding them to the blender.
- Keep a jar on hand. This vegan Caesar salad dressing will keep for up to 5 days in an airtight container in the fridge. I love to prep it on the weekend so that I have it on hand for tossing with salads and drizzling over grain bowls throughout the week!
How to Use Vegan Caesar Dressing
My favorite way to use this vegan Caesar dressing is, of course, on a Caesar salad. I especially love it on this kale Caesar salad, made with garlic croutons, crispy chickpeas, and vegan Parmesan cheese.
But the ways to use it don’t end there! Here are a few others I love:
How do you like to use this vegan salad dressing? Let me know in the comments!
More Favorite Salad Dressings
If you love this vegan Caesar dressing, try one of these favorite dressing recipes next:
Vegan Caesar Dressing
- ½ cup raw cashews
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons capers, drained
- ½ cup water
- Freshly ground black pepper
In a high-speed blender, place the cashews, garlic, lemon juice, mustard, capers, water, and several grinds of pepper.
Blend until smooth and season to taste.