Enjoy the savory taste of Crockpot Mexican Shredded Chicken. This slow cooker chicken tastes amazing on tortillas and is great to use in other recipes when preparing chicken flautas and enchiladas.
Crockpot Mexican Chicken
Do you want to make chicken that’s full of flavor? If so, you need this recipe for Crockpot Mexican Chicken in your life.
The slow cooker will do most of the work for you, leaving you with juicy, tender chicken that falls apart with ease and tastes amazing in lots of dishes. Once you’ve prepared this shredded chicken, you can do so much with it, whether you’re adding it to a salad, using it in a burrito, or making tasty chicken tacos with it.
Why You’ll Love this Slow Cooker Mexican Shredded Chicken Recipe:
- DELICIOUS: Who doesn’t love the taste of flavorful chicken? If you love Mexican food, this is a fantastic recipe to try.
- STRESS-FREE: Even if you’re pressed for time and don’t want to spend all day in the kitchen, you can make this shredded chicken with ease. It’s a stress-free dish that everyone can enjoy.
- VERSATILE: You can do so much with this Crock Pot Shredded Chicken. Because you can add it to dozens of different recipes, it makes it even better.
Preparing this Crock Pot Shredded Chicken is so simple. It’s full of flavor and super juicy, so you never have to worry about eating dry, flavorless chicken.
How to Make Crockpot Mexican Shredded Chicken
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Place chicken in the slow cooker and add half the taco seasoning on top of the chicken.
- Pour corn, beans, salsa, and remaining taco seasoning on top.
- Set the temperature to high for six hours or low for eight hours.
- Remove the lid, shred chicken with two forks, and serve.
Easy Mexican Chicken Recipe Notes
- Corn: Feel free to substitute an equal amount of frozen or fresh corn for the canned corn.
- Salsa: Use homemade or your favorite brand of mild, medium, or hot salsa to customize the spice level. For a fun twist, try salsa verde!
Use a crockpot that is at least 6 quarts in size for the best results.
Yes! You can oven bake this shredded chicken in a covered Dutch oven at 300°F for 90 minutes.
You can use any salsa of your choosing. Go with a brand that you know and love, or make your own. Choose a hot salsa for extra spicy chicken or a salsa verde for a unique twist.
Absolutely! Follow this quick and easy recipe and you’ll always have some on hand!
There are many easy ways to shred chicken. I usually use two forks, but you can also use meat shredding claws or even toss the meat in the bowl of a stand mixer and let it do the work for you!
There are so many ways to eat this Crockpot Mexican chicken! Use it the same way you use any shredded chicken, or follow any of these easy ideas.
- Prepare this chicken and serve it over a Mexican-style salad with cilantro lime rice, shredded lettuce, black beans, shredded cheese, and avocado slices. It’s the perfect addition to the meal!
- Put your shredded chicken in flour or corn tortillas and serve with assorted toppings, such as sour cream, shredded cheese, and diced tomatoes for the perfect taco night dinner.
- Make your own Chipotle-style burritos with this chicken and all your favorite ingredients, including white or brown rice, black beans, cheese, sour cream, diced onions, and more.
- You can also use this chicken to make other Mexican-inspired dishes, such as chicken flautas.
If you want an easy meal to make that you can serve with just about any sides and toppings, try this slow cooker Shredded Chicken recipe. It’s super easy and simple because all you have to do is put the ingredients in the slow cooker and allow everything to blend perfectly together for a few hours.
Store leftover crockpot Mexican shredded chicken in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Make It A Meal
Serve crockpot shredded Mexican chicken with rice, over mashed potatoes, or use it as taco filling. Top with sour cream, shredded cheese, extra salsa, and a squeeze of lime juice.
Feel free to substitute an equal amount of frozen or fresh corn for the canned corn.
Time Saving Tip
For best results, I recommend cooking this chicken on low. If you’re pressed for time, you can also cook this chicken on high for 3-4 hours instead.
Prepare the juiciest, most delicious meat you’ve tasted! This slow cooker Mexican shredded chicken will be your go-to for easy meals and meal prep.
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!